Black Country Celtic Supporters Club was formed in 1998 by a group of like-minded Celtic Football Club supporters who wanted to meet socially and to travel up to watch games. At our Annual General Meeting in July 2008 the Club adopted the name of Che Guevara becoming formally known as the Black Country Che Guevara Celtic Supporters Club.
The Supporters Club has had a number of venues over the years but has now settled at St Patrick’s Club since June 2010 where we hope to continue a long and positive partnership.
The primary aims of the Club remain the same as they were at our inception – to bring like-minded people together to celebrate all things Celtic Football Club as part of the wider ‘Celtic family’. We currently have around 30 paid up members with membership running from the beginning of each football season. All members receive a membership card and members badge and are also entitled to a reduction in the cost of travel for Celtic games.
The main activity of the Club is to support members to travel to Celtic Park on a regular basis to watch Celtic play. Tickets and transport are arranged for this purpose, usually travelling to and from games on the same day. Tickets can also be arranged for members to travel independently should the Club not be travelling to a particular game. We have many good memories of travelling to some memorable games as a Supporters Club.
Other activities the Club are involved with include:
- Monthly meetings held on the first Sunday of the month at St. Patrick’s Club with a start time of 12.30pm.
- Meeting at St. Patrick’s Club to watch all televised Celtic and Republic of Ireland football games.
- Organising an Annual Xmas Dance and End of Season Party.
- Organising an Annual General Meeting in July of each year where all major decisions regarding the running of the Club are made and Club Officers are elected.
- Producing Club merchandise such as badges, polo shirts etc.
We are always keen to hear from and welcome new members into the Club, to find out more contact Dave Bradshaw (Club Chairman) on 07789715142 or email email@example.com - alternatively just turn up at St. Patrick’s Club on the first Sunday of the month where we would be happy to meet you.